Thank you so much for being so interested in serving as a member board of directors of SONSIEL. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Executive Board - Authority and Responsibility – The executive officers will manage the organization's vision, operations, and strategy and the organization's final decision-making authority.
Board of Directors- The board of directors shall conduct and lead the organization's work through a committee structure. The entire board of directors will determine committee roles and functions.
Board Member Responsibilities:
1. Serve a minimum of one (1) 2-year term on the board.
Eligible to service more terms if re-elected.
2. Attend a minimum of 10 board of director meetings each year.
3. Make a serious commitment to participate actively in committee work. SONSIEL is a working board.
4. Stays informed about committee matters is prepared for meeting and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Builds a collegial working relationship with other committee members that contributes to consensus.
6. Participates in committee annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Represent SONSIEL externally to organizations and associations.
8. Maintain active status as a dues-paying SONSIEL member.
9. Maintain confidentiality of appropriate development, project, and event efforts.
Would you please complete the application below?
This application will be kept confidential and on file at SONSIEL. Application is used by our executive/nominating committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. All new directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.