SONSIEL Nurse Hackathon, sponsored by
November 15th-17th, 2019
New Brunswick, New Jersey
A little inspiration in advance of the greatest
Nurse Innovation Event in history:
SONSIEL Nurse Hackathon Details:
- Hackathon purpose: Champion nurse-led innovation by bringing together nurses for a weekend dedicated to collaborative problem solving to improve human health, in partnership with Johnson & Johnson and SONSIEL.
- What is a Hackathon: A 3-day event that brings Nurses and people from other professions together to take on human health problems by creating solutions in a supportive setting with colleagues and mentors.
- Who should attend: Nurses, Recent Graduates, Healthcare Professionals, Engineers, Healthcare Venture Investors, Angel Fund Investors, Developers, Designers, and Entrepreneurs.
- Join us for a weekend that will forever change your view of your value, impact and future in nursing and healthcare! You don’t want to miss this!
Friday, November 15, 2019:
- 3:00 – 5:00 PM: (Optional) Museum tours – sign ups maybe found on the registration form.
- 5:00 PM: Hackathon doors open at the Hyatt Regency Hotel
- 6:00 PM: Kick-off, speakers – Dinner served
- 7:00 PM: Call for audience problem presentation
- 8:00 PM: Team formation
- 10:30 PM: Doors close
Saturday, November 16, 2019:
- 7:00 AM: Doors open – Breakfast served
- 7:00am-12:00pm (noon): Team Time
- 11:00 AM–12:00 PM: Breakout speeches
- 12:00 – 2:00 PM: Team work time – Lunch served
- 2:00 – 4:00 PM: Pre-pitch event – Snacks served
- 6:00 PM: Ward 5B screening & Dinner served
- 10:00 PM: Doors close
Sunday: November 17, 2019:
- 7:00 AM: Doors open – Breakfast served
- 7:00am-12:pm (noon): Team Time
- 12:00 PM: Final pitches present – Lunch served
- 2:00 – 3:00 PM: Final wrap up, awards
- 3:00 PM: Event concludes
Frequently Asked Questions:
Hackathon – Is it really for me? Answer is YES!
To answer your questions:
- Yes, you may attend a hackathon even if you don’t have an idea.
- Yes, you may attend a hackathon even if you have been working on an innovative idea already.
- No, you don’t need to bring a team of people with you. If you do have a team already email Faith for a group rate
- Yes, you are welcome to join a team Friday night or Saturday morning.
- Yes, a hackathon is a great way to network and meet other healthcare professionals in addition to other professionals.
- Yes, college students are welcome to attend & yes we have a discount for college students. Promo code is: COLLEGE
- Yes, we have discounted room rates at the Hyatt, but hurry they are going fast.
- YES, Hackathons are FUN & SUPER EXCITING!
- Yes, attend if you problem-solver in all things related to patients – you can’t miss this!
- Yes, attend if you Are you a natural “MacGyver” at the bedside then YES, this event is for you!
- Have been looking for nurses of your “tribe” who believe they have the knowledge, expertise and know-how to transform the future of healthcare – then come and meet them Nov 15th-17th!
- Yes, you may attend if you a nurse, programmer, marketer, developer, engineer, designer, angel investor, other healthcare professional, or entrepreneur.
- $125.00 for the event, including meals, tour of J&J Museum, and private screening of Ward 5B, plus a copy of the “Rebel Nurse Handbook” and the most incredible weekend of networking and innovation!
Hotel Room Reservations: Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
To make your reservations, please click the button above: Hotel Rooms Hyatt Registration Here.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 877-803-7534 or click here to find contact information by Region. If the group rate is no longer available, prevailing rates may be offered for some or all of your dates.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurse Exhibitors: If you are a nurse and have a product that you wish to exhibit, for informational purposes only, not sales, at our event please email
SONSIEL FOUNDERS & Hackathon Committee:
- Rebecca Love (co-chair, Hackathon) – SONSIEL President
- Hiyam Nadel (co-chair, Hackathon) – Director, Center of Innovations in Care Delivery, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Lynda Benton – Johnson & Johnson Nursing
- Nicole Lincoln – Director of Innovation, Boston Medical Center
- Joana Seltzer Uribe – Nurse, New York University Hospital
- Kelly Reiger – Nurse Practitioner, Cleveland Clinic
- Brian Weiriech – Chief Nurse Executive, Indiana University Health System
- Michael Ackerman – Director, Ohio State University Healthcare Innovation Program
- Bobbi Martin – President, Global Nurse Network
- Idriz Limaj – Executive Brigham & Women’s Hospital -Founder of Connect RN
- Marion Leary – University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Innovation